(Available for Most Makes and Models)
This video will show you how to repair a plastic bumper using a plastic welding kit.
- Before starting to repair, make sure of a good preparation of the damaged area. If you’re not sure how, watch our video: How To Prepare A Cracked Plastic Auto Body Part For Repair.
- Plug-in the iron and leave it for a few minutes to warm-up.
- Using the iron, start heating one end of the tear until a pasty material is obtained.
- When the plastic becomes pasty and begins to melt, gradually incorporate the Universal Repair Welding Rod.
- Weld the tear with the Universal Repair Welding Rod making sure that two small beads are formed on each side of the iron.
- Cut the Universal Repair Welding Rod at the end of the weld. Make sure the weld is even and well fused. *Reinforcing Steel Wire Mesh can be applied to the interior of the plastic using iron as needed*
- Touch to make sure the surface is equal.
- Repeat the same steps for the outside.
- Start heating one end of the tear until a pasty material is obtained.
- Weld the tear with the Universal Repair Welding Rod making sure that two small beads are formed on each side of the iron. Make sure the weld is even and well fused.
- Let the solder cool down.
- Once cooled, sand the solder from the outside with a P180.
- Once finished, check the resistance of the pressure weld.
- Finish with a small coat of finishing putty.
- That’s it.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: [email protected]