(Available for Most Makes and Models)
This video will show you how to prepare a cracked plastic auto body part for reparation.
- Heat gun
- Drill with a 1/8 bit
- Die Grinder
- Carbide burrs set
- Small Grinder
- Sander with P80/P120 sandpaper
- Clean damaged area with soap and warm water. Dry with a clean, dry cloth.
- Heat the damaged area with the heat gun to facilitate repositioning.
*Caution not to overheat.*
- Reposition the tear in order to have a level surface.
- Limit the tear by drilling 2-3mm holes with a 1/8 drill bit at each end of the tear.
- Make a V-groove along the tear using a carbide bit die grinder… on both sides.
- Using a small grinder, widen the bevel around the tear.
- Do the same step for the inside.
- Sand using a P80/P120 (bare plastic, 5cm to 8cm around the tear.
- Repeat for the inside.
- Wash with a panel prep or with a dry and clean cloth.
- For plastic soldering, apply aluminum tape to the outside and for epoxy gluing apply a regular tape.
- The tape keeps both surfaces level when manipulated.
- Now you are good to repair the bumper by plastic welding or by using epoxy.
- That’s it!
If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring you even better content.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: [email protected]