Are you a mechanic looking for a place where you could share your experience and your tricks of the trade to help other like-minded people? Or maybe you just started playing with cars and you would like to share your journey with the world? If that’s the case, we would be glad to let you join our team!
But before you send us any article you would like to see published on our website, please read this first!
Also, if you are an internet marketer, content creator, or another such professional blogger, it’s totally okay. We know how it works…
Just be straight about it, and don’t try to make me believe you are a 40-year-old mechanic with lots of experience who just wants to write about cars… I get 50 of these every day, and real mechanics recognize real… I’ll know.
Anyway, let me just be super straight with you.
Yes, we do publish guest posts.
Still, we will not publish any post that is anything less than amazing. If your intentions are good and you do want to post something that would help our readers, we would be more than happy to publish it!
Here are our guidelines:
- The content must be related to our niche; this one is a no-brainer but you can’t imagine how often we receive guest posts on stuff not even related to our niche.
- The content must be detailed and unique; we won’t publish any quick 600-words post just for the sake of backlinks (1000 words and beyond is a minimum)
- We won’t publish anything on a subject that has already been beaten to death. No “basic maintenance,” “how to sell your car,” “how to change your wipers,” “how to wash your car,” “how to buy a used car,” “car financing made easy” kinda shit. That’s already been done everywhere and nobody cares about that.
- Everything related to insurance, car accidents, car rental, warranties, lawyers, and whatnot will require a higher budget — these topics are simply not related to auto mechanics, and unless your client has the budget for it, we really don’t need that on our website.
- The content must be exempt from spelling or grammar errors; if you don’t create your posts with care, we don’t want that on our website.
- Any links included in the post must be related to the subject covered in the post and should link only to quality pages; we won’t insert links pointing to spammy or shitty websites.
- You can’t use your client’s URL, product name or brand name in the text either — your article is not supposed to be an ad or an infomercial for your client.
- No location-based topics and anchor texts like “Cars for sale in Albuquerque,” “Car Towing in Cincinnati,” or “Auto parts in Melbourne.” Anchor texts like these are simply not relevant for 90% of our readers who don’t live anywhere near those cities.
- We won’t link to a specific repair shop. For example, we won’t link to “Lincoln Auto Repair Shop” located somewhere in Perth, Australia, because I don’t know who you are and I don’t know how you work, and won’t recommend a potentially shitty garage to my customers. As far as I know, you could well be a redneck mechanic working in his backyard, replacing parts for no reason.
- We will own the content published; you can’t re-spin it and publish it on any other website.
- You must know that we could edit and make minor changes to the post; In some cases, we could edit the words and/or images to better fit our style. Nothing major, but just so you know, it could happen.
I only recommend stuff I have personally experienced and trust to my readers.
What you’ll get:
- The possibility to add your bio at the bottom of the page. If you become a regular guest writer, you’ll get added to the contributors’ section on our About page.
- The possibility to insert 1 or 2 links linking back to you — if you add more than 2 links to your article, please indicate which are the backlinks and which are authority link (we may adjust/remove/replace authority links if required).
- The opportunity to get your post shared and promoted on all of our social media, just as if it was ours.
- The opportunity to work with our awesome team!
I hope I’m not sounding rude or anything, but you wouldn’t believe how often people ask to guest post only for the backlinks and don’t really care about our audience. We are a team, and our audience is our family. If you want to be part of our family, we will be more than happy to work with you. But if you’re only here for the money, simply go get lost! 😉
If you are serious about this, send us a message, and we will get back to you shortly.
Cheers, and have a nice day!