(Available for Most Makes and Models)
This video will show you step by step instructions on how to correctly strip paint from an auto body part.
- Masking tape
- P60 sandpaper
- P180 sandpaper
- Paint stripper
- Polyethylene film or large garbage bag
- First, cover the surrounding areas or simply remove the hood.
- Use some masking tape and cover the edges of the hood.
- Roughly sand the surface to strip using a P60 grit sandpaper.
- Wipe the surface using a shop rag.
- Spread the paint stripper on the surface using a paintbrush.
- Cover the hood with polyethylene film.
- Let sit for a while.
- Scrape off the residue.
- And do it all over again! Sand, apply stripper, cover, let sit, scrape, rinse, wipe.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Clean the hood using surface cleaner.
- Use an orbital sander equipped with P180 sandpaper to remove any paint left.
- That’s it!
If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring you even better content.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back
to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: [email protected]